- Travel on Hwy 36 West through downtown Estes Park. Colorado Hwy 66 & Hwy 36 are one in the same road.
- Continue on Hwy 36 west until you reach the last stop light. The cross street is Mary's Lake Road. Go Straight at the light.
- Highway 66 and 36 west split just past the light. Veer left. After coming to a Stop Sign continue straight on Hwy 66 for 2.0 miles.
- Glacier Lodge is located on the left hand side of the highway on the other side of the river.
- If you continue on Hwy 36 West you will arrive at the entrance station and the head quarters of Rocky National Park. If you get to the entrance station you have gone to far, come back down the hill. You will now be going east on 36. Look for CO HWY 66 as a right hand turn as you reach the junction at the bottom.
Note: Hwy 36 is open between Denver, Boulder and Lyons. Possible detour from Lyons to Estes Park. If you take the detour on Hwy 7 North from Lyons you will merge again with 36 West & 66 using a left hand turn at the stop light as you approach Estes Park. The Estes Park Power Plant will be directly in front of you and on the right as you turn back on to 36 West.